About the Seminar:
Our sessions are conducted by highly experienced facilitators who strive to minimize lectures and encourage interaction among parents about their real-life issues and experiences. Both parents are REQUIRED by law to attend the seminar (separately)as soon as possible following the filing of the divorce action or being served with papers. Blount County parents are required by local court rule to attend the seminar within 30 days of filing the divorce action or being served papers.
* review of the legal process of a child-focused divorce - including mediation process
* the developmental stages of childhood
* the needs of children at different ages
* the appropriate expectations of children
* stress indicators in children
* divorce as a growth stage
* the grief process
* reducing stress thru appropriate communication & future-oriented problem-solving
* changing parental and marital roles
* scheduling ideas to maximize quality time with parents and enhance the child's relationship with both parents
* Photo ID is required upon arrival for your session.
* Please arrive 5-10 minutes early.
* Because the law requires 4 hours, arriving late is not an option.
* Children are not allowed. Child care is not provided.
* Your docket# is not required to receive your certificate.
* You will receive a Certificate of Attendance the same day.
* The fees are: $50 for 4 hours, $60 for 8 hours, $70 for 12 hours - cash at the door or pre-pay by clicking the REGISTRATION tab above.
* Click the 4-Hour or 12-Hour tab above to pre-register and pre-pay. If you need the 8-hour session, please call me to make arrangements.
* Please make sure I have your contact info as sometimes the schedule changes.
* Parents cannot attend the same session.
Over the years we have discovered that your parents may not understand this new co-parenting approach to divorce. Since they may be your main support system, for your sake and the sake of your children, we encourage grandparents to attend all or part of a session AT NO CHARGE!
* Feelings charts:
* Parenting Plan Forms: http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/programs/parenting-plan/forms
Resource guide: www.kidcentraltn.com
* Child Support Worksheet: http://www.state.tn.us/humanserv/is/isdownloads.shtml
* Ages and Stages of Development::http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/mh-sm/divorce/4-eng.php
* Collaborative Divorce: http://www.breedinglaw.com/Family-Law/Collaborative-Divorce.shtml
* Watch STEPMOM from the viewpoint of the kids. Listen to the kids, Ben and Anna. They are telling you what your children could be thinking but not saying: http://www.youtube.com/embed/vWWT0qE6pT0
* Pink sings about her experience with divorce: http://www.youtube.com/embed/hvpQsPKEwbw
* And our local girl Kelsea Bellerini does the same: http://www.youtube.com/embed/hvpQsPKEwbw
Some resources that you might find helpful: (and please let me know if you find others that I can add to this page - Thanks!)